Monday, January 4, 2010

Bonding Forever …..

Dear Son or Daughter,

I apologize for not knowing how to introduce this letter but I am extremely delighted to let you know that this is the first token of love to you and your mum from me. I'm writing this to you when you are inside your mamma's womb. You do exist in this world, but we have just met you in sonography. I haven't shared these thoughts with anyone yet, and I wanted to tell you first. Not even your mother knows that I'm writing this, so lets keep this between you and me for now, okay?
You know when first time we got to know that you are there in this world... it was such an amazing feeling for me !!! When I saw that pregnancy test strip changing its color, I was in tears. That was the feeling I will never ever forget… similar to the feeling which I got when I stood first in my class and made my father proud, feeling which I got when I had my first salary cheque, feeling which I got when I first kissed.
I had my first complete interaction with you when we went to Doctor for Level-2 ultrasound. That was the moment when I had a thought how much cute and sweet a baby (to be born) could be. Your mom and me were very excited at each of your moments inside. Doctor asked your mama to take a turn on a side and you also took a turn immediately inside your beautiful world (I hope it would be). But the scene on ultrasound machine turned my eyes broken into tears when I saw your cute lill’ hands on the screen doing finger movements (opening and closing your lill’ grip). The doctor pointed towards your heartbeat, nose, spinal cord, eyes, feet and head.
It’s been a long journey of 6 months since then… you are gaining length and weight every single day. Yesterday, I was on seventh heaven when Doctor while touching your mom's tummy said that your baby is very active... I was overwhelmed, excited, joyful, proud to know that ur doing enough of moments inside.
You see, I feel you kick and hiccup while you grow inside your mother's womb. Mostly your mother makes me feel your moments by keeping my hand on her tummy even when I am fast asleep. I feel very much excited to have a feel of your existence from this outside world. I don’t want to hide this fact also that sometimes your momy also have sleepless nights too due to muscular pains and cramps which are preparing her to deliver you. We are extremely excited to have you in our hands and life.
Now, I want to hold you just after you are born and feel my life change. I want to look at you and see that you have my intelligence and brain & her eyes and nose. I want to help you learn to crawl, to walk, to ride a bike, to drive a car. I want to punish you when you do something wrong and reward you when you do something right. I want to watch you grow up faster than I thought to be possible. And yes, I want to worry constantly about your safety, and I want to be the one to provide that for you as long as you'll let me. I want everything that comes with the privilege of being your father, whatever that might be.

Yours loving,
Dad

3 comments:

  1. Very touching n thoughtful. I am so proud of kajal & ashok. I am sure this child is lucky to have such lovable n caring parents. Rejoice n celebrate each moment of this year with ur little angel. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :))

    Great to sense your excitement. May GOD bless the 3 of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feelings are sensuous and just mere thoughts of such feelings can anyone thrilled. i don't know whether yet-to-born prodigy is hearing in this align language but anatomy of supreme love would be relaizing him/her that trasistion from one world to another is full of vivid imagination, excite ment and eternal happiness. I am sure, he is just making a leap from one heaven to another in godly parental care and protection.
    I loved the way of your interaction through lexis of panch tatwa i.e. touch, feel, sense etc which is not only making him/her active and energetic but also providing him a glimpse of such a beautiful world outside and equipping confidence for every step in life. This is really beautiful feeling. lucky baby and parents!!!!!!!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete